Thursday 19 April 2007

Our day of rest!!

Our work is done and we find ourselves back in Jerusalem weary and overwhelmed by our experience of the past two weeks.
However we can relax for today is our day off.

So where do we find ourselves after queing in the post office for little short of an hour in order to send a thank you gift to our hosts in Gaza only to be told that the likelyhood of it reaching its destination is slim.

We find ourselves at Yad Vashem, the Holocaust Museum. I am not even going to attempt to describe this experience, I don't have the words or the capacity right now.

I am ready for home, I feel ready to wrap myself up in my duvet and after a good long sleep and a hot bath try to begin to process some of my experiences here. I need some normality.
I need a safe space. I need to cry about everything and everyone.
love from Jerusalem

Liz xxx

No comments: