Friday 13 April 2007

Friday the 13th



Hello and good morning from your foreign correspondent here in Palestine. I am not quite sure why I have decided to post this photo as it reminds me of a photo of my nana in which she is wearing a similar colour scarf leaning over her garden gate. The question is then I suppose Am I turning into my nana? I do hope not, not yet anyway. She was never in Palestine that's for sure.


Well it has been an interesting couple of days since I last communicated. We have been up to the very north of Israel and the Golan heights, to Jaffa, the Dead Sea and back to Jerusalem yesterday for a political tour, which for me has been the most emotionally difficult experience so far. I felt like i just wanted to sleep for ever last night and had very vivid dreams early this morning.


As you may imagine we have eaten many meals during this time on the road including falafel falafel and some falafel. I didn't really fancy the burgers.
Yesterday was the first day that we have gone without falafel. A falafel free day. I hope you realise what an achievement this is and reward us accordingly.
Since we introduced you to Mary we have acquired two other travelling companions. There names are Mary and Mary and I would like to introduce you to them but would also like to keep their introdutions until next time. So until next time xxx

































2 comments:

flo said...

mmm - i fancy a golan burger..

liz - this may well (probably is..) totally inappropriate right now but i have just discovered that IATE are running a taster day on sat 21st - day after your return - thought i'd leave that with you to mull over or not...

blog is great

love to you both

xx

reallyratherrolfe said...

Hey lovelies, following your adventures with great interest and some constination, you are truly a worlwind(s) of open weave sartorial justice.
Stay safe.
Xxx