Monday 9 April 2007

Good evening and welcome

Good evening and welcome inside the holy city with us.
I would just like you all to know that actually we have not as yet done any knitting for peace. There are 2 reasons for this 1 Sonja is not yet a knitter and 2 i just haven't had time. I have been so busy eating falafel and sleeping and walking round in circles (we get lost fairly easily)that when can i possibly fit it in?
The falafel pitta is slightly different from that which i am used to as here in the holy city it contains not only falafel, raita, tahini, tomato and chilli sauce but also cold soggy chips. Yes that's the magic extra ingredient out here, cold soggy chips.
If you fancy trying this at home you would need to deep fry your chipped potatoes, leave them overnight on a metal tray or something not very absorbent and then next morning, at the earliest add them to your fresh falafel. I cannot guarantee that after consumption you will feel like you are here with us but surely worth a try.

I actually had another extra ingredient in today's falafel pitta that I have not had before and that was bright pink dyed pickled vegetables. I would like to be able to tell you how to prepare this to experiment with at home but unfortunately i don't have a clue.
I have included a picture of the said pink pickled vegetables for your delight.




We have also decided to use this blog to record our losses. So far we have just lost one item and that was our Lonely Planet Guide book and on this occassion the credit goes to Sonja.
I will leave you now as Sonja and I need to go and get some dinner. Can anyone guess whats in store?

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Hello Sonja and Liz!
How are you?

Interesting pink veg my dears....

It may well amuse you to know that on Easter Sunday Rog and I went to the party at Cowpat. Rog was dressed as a gimp and I was dressed as Jesus, complete with a full size cross. I heard in Jerusalem that they have some sort of parade of cross-bearing Jesuses on Easter Sunday although the crosses have castors on the end of them, much like wheelie suitcases. Did you see this or were you purchasing the pink picalilli at this point? I need to know!

I would post a photo of the party but "computer says no".

I shall check in again this week.
Much love!
xxx